Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tonight my great students start a well deserved Christmas Break. I'm sitting here watching the Hoosiers and reflecting back on the first 4 months of school with great joy. I am so proud of my students. They have worked really hard and done everything I have asked. My Algebra classes put out a great effort to pass the State ECA test. We will know early in January who passed. I have kept it no secret that I am not a fan of Standardized tests. My students and I don't need a test to tell who struggles with Algebra and who doesn't. Yet, every single student has worked hard to try to pass. I am so grateful for that effort. I am so blessed to have students who work hard, ask for help, and TRY.  I have had an average attendance rate of 94% and 100% during the ECA test. WOW! that is great effort.

I have had virtually NO PROBLEMS with attitudes or lack of focus during our class periods. We have accomplished much and will end the 2nd term with a flurry.

Today, we ended the term with a Math Rummy Card tournament. It was fun watching students enjoy the challenge of math within a Card game. RYAN HATHAWAY was the Algebra Champion followed closely by EMILY KENNEDY. Ryan, Don't eat all that Chocolate by yourself. Thank You to my wonderful Wife Stephanie for baking Chocolate Hip Cookies as a reward for all their efforts.

Thank You Students. Enjoy your time away from school Enjoy this wonderful time of the year and enjoy your time with family and friends.

It may seem silly or UNCOOL, but I will miss you and truly look forward to getting back together on January 3rd!

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast that break was.. It feels good to get back into the swing of things with classes and lifting.

    ReplyDelete